On 25th May 2018 the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) replaced the Data Protection Act of 1998.
GDPR states that the personal information we hold about you must be:
Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
Is collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
Is relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
Is accurate and kept up to date.
Is kept only as long as necessary and solely for the purposes we have informed you of.
Is kept securely.
1 We collect data about you when you start to use our daycare or boarding services and our website.
2. This data may include, but is not limited to, your name, your address, your mobile and home telephone numbers, your email address, your dog’s details and your vet’s details.
3. We use this information to conduct business with you, for internal record keeping and occasionally for marketing purposes.
4. To enable us to deliver a first class service we may use service providers, such as cloud based software providers, to assist with the day to day management of your bookings and for accounting purposes. The companies hosting these software systems are GDPR compliant.
5. Your data is stored for the length of time we consider you an active client, and for a period of 7 years following the termination of business between us. This period is determined by HMRC who request that business records are retained for this period.
6. You have a right to ask for details of the data that we hold on you and can request for that data to be deleted. If you have any complaints about the way that we are handling your data, in the first instance, please contact our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not happy with our response or believe that we are not processing your data in accordance with the law, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Contact details are on their website – www.ico.org.uk.
7. We will never knowingly sell your data to a third party without your consent.
8.1 A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
8.2 Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
8.3 Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
9. Cookies that we use
10. Cookies used by our service providers
11. Managing cookies
11.1 Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
(a) https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
(d) https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
(e) https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari); and
11.2 Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
11.3 If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
12. Albus & Pidge may uses various third party apps and websites in order to provide you with the best customer experience. This will involve at times your data transferring within the internal Albus & Pidge systems. All data continues to be protected in accordance with GDPR and ICO requirements.
13. You can unsubscribe from any of our marketing channels at any time by:
13.1 Emails - Click the "Unsubscribe Button"
13.2 Social Media & Whatsapp - DM or message "STOP"